If you need a probate attorney in Huntersville, we encourage you to contact us.
Losing a loved one is never easy, and enduring the probate process can be frustrating and time-consuming if not handled by an experienced probate attorney. If you need a probate attorney following the death of a loved one, contact us at NorthPointe Law Group. Our legal team in Huntersville, North Carolina is known for effective, compassionate legal services, and we will make the probate process go smoothly from beginning to end.
After the death of a loved one, many people wonder if they even need a probate attorney or if they can independently manage the probate process. While deciding whether a probate attorney is needed, we encourage you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Can the deceased person’s assets be transferred to the correct party without probate?
- Does the estate qualify for North Carolina’s simple “small estate” procedures?
- Are family members able to get along with each other?
- Does the estate contain only common assets, like vehicles, a home, and bank accounts?
- Is there enough money in the estate to pay any remaining debts?
- Is the estate large enough to owe federal or state tax?
Depending on your answers to these questions, the guidance of a probate attorney may be needed. We would be more than happy to discuss the role a probate attorney will play while resolving your loved one’s estate. Contact us at NorthPointe Law Group today to set up a consultation with our firm.